Week 7 Assignment – Macroeconomics Case Study
In this exercise, you will demonstrate your ability to find macroeconomic data from public sources and to display it in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Start by choosing one of these three macroeconomic variables: Real GDP, the unemployment rate, or the inflation rate.
- Follow these instructions to find numbers for your macroeconomic variable for the years 2015, 2016, and 2017:
- Prepare an Excel spreadsheet that has two columns and four rows. In cell A1 type in the variable you selected and bold the text. In the heading for cell A2, type, “Year.” In cells A3, A4, and A5 descending below this heading, type the years 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- In the heading for cell B3, type the name of the variable you chose (Real GDP, Unemployment Rate, or Inflation Rate). In the cells below this heading, type the values for each of the three years.
- Underneath your table, type “Source:” and then paste the URL of the source where you found your data.