This assignment has two parts. In Part 1, students will complete two questionnaires. In Part 2, students will complete an activity using their individual results.
Part 1: Locate and complete two free stress questionnaires online (i.e., https://www.psycom.net/stress-test). See instructor announcement for further details.
Part 2: After reading Chapters 3, 4, and 5 in the textbook, completing both questionnaires, and reviewing the class study materials and resources, complete one of the following assignments/activities:
In the chosen activity, comprehensively explain the following:
- Provide the details and results of personal stress and self-care questionnaires. (i.e., name of the questionnaire and location).
- What does a student’s personal stress look like (i.e., financial, school, work, relationships)? Using the results of the questionnaires, what are some ways to cope with stress? How does a student personally cope (i.e., diet, exercise, faith)?
- Identify the risks of stress. What are the biopsychosocial effects of stress on the body, both short-term and long-term? What factors put students at risk for stress and disease?
- What networks, groups, or local resources are available for support (i.e., places of worship, family, friends, counselor)?
- How can personal experiences (self-disclosure) and knowledge help a client/patient?
Include two to three scholarly sources (the textbook may count for one of these).
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment may include first-person narrative.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.