Project managers often say there is a need for functional testing—that is, the need to test that a change to the way a particular software behavior works behaves predictably given a specific set of conditions. However, other types of testing that are just as important may not be so obvious. For example, perhaps a change proves to be functionally correct but slows the system down or works only when the volume of transactions is low.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Discuss 2 different types of performance testing. Consider the following questions in your response:
- Why should 1 be used over the other?
- What is the benefit to using these 2 types of performance tests?
- Should different personnel be responsible for different tests, or should the same personnel conduct all tests?
- Should different types of performance testing be conducted in any specific order? Why or why not?