Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
- Read the directions for this discussion board prior to participating.
- Fully participate and use Netiquette:
- Make sure you directly and completely address the discussion forum question(s)/topic.
- You must respond to at least one of your fellow classmates evaluating their ideas and offering further suggestions for improvement and experimentation.
- You must post your initial post and post your reply by the due date. You must post as instructed so your classmates will have the opportunity to read your work, reflect, and reply.
- Make sure to use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Comply with Netiquette Guidelines in the “Getting Started” area and include a salutation to your classmate, such as Dear John Student.
Informational Fact: Miami Dade College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is “Writing for the Real World: Strengthening Writing and Career Knowledge.” With the motto of Do The Write Thing, MDC’s QEP is designed to enhance the existing high quality of education that students and graduates receive at MDC. By improving student writing skills and career knowledge, graduates will ultimately increase their knowledge base and competitiveness as they enter a workforce in which employers seek applicants with strong writing skills.
1. Discuss in detail the 4 steps of active reading and how you will use this week’s chapter and video information to strengthen your reading and remembering skills.
2. Provide at least 2 personal examples on how you will apply active reading and remembering strategies.