- Ethical Dilemma
After reviewing The Invisible Patients documentary, define/describe in detail an ethical dilemma that was experienced by the NP. Please note, there are several ethical issues, so there should be diversity in the responses. Explain how you would have handled the situation.
- How is the NP in the documentary a Disruptive Innovator?
- Discuss if there is a relationship between your personal beliefs and values and this ethical dilemma/barrier.
- Describe at least one mechanism to overcome the barrier discussed.
- Examine the potential cost and benefits to this barrier.
- Remember there is no right or wrong answer for this ethical question. Suggested reference Look at the Nuremburg Code (US Department of Health & Human Services, 2005; Washington, 2012) as it was the major start of ethics in research and that can carry over to nursing practice.
US Department of Health & Human Services. (2005). The Nuremberg code.
Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/archive/nurcode.html
Participation Responses: No later than the due date assigned, review and comment on the discussion question responses posted by at least two of your peers and faculty. Continue to monitor your question and responses until the end of the week.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.
In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extend meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
- Week 3 ProjectAssignment Due June 21 at 11:59 PMProfessional Practice Paper
Based on the AP role of the person that you interviewed in W1 Project, in a 2-4 page paper (excluding the title page, references, and appendices) describe the role, the type of organization, and address all the interview questions, and include:
- List the type of organization. For example: Primary care office, ED, Specialty, cardiology GI etc.
- List the type of and how many clients it serves. FP would see all ages. Research in your area the number of visits in a local office per year or # of visits seen local ED, specialty office etc.
- The professional fit for advanced nursing role. “Fit” refers to the Qualifications in order to be an AP provider at that agency/organization. What license, credentialing (accrediting agency, and other expectations NPI, CMS)?
- What are the core competencies required in this role?
- Include a brief job description
- Discuss board of nursing NPA or scope of practice of the state. Include what the NPA in the state allows and restrictions.
- Submission Details:
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.