Early in this course, you selected a particular group of offenders who may require specialized assessment, treatment, or testing. Now, you will finalize your proposal for an appropriate forensic treatment program for this group.
Begin your proposal with an overview of the selected group.
This overview should include the following:
- Characteristics associated with the selected group such as gender, sex, type of offense, age, ethnicity, possible mental health issues, substance abuse issues, etc.
- Challenges and issues they may face in a correctional setting.
- A thorough explanation regarding the development of a specialized program for this group and why it is important to those who belong to it and the correctional system as a whole.
Next, discuss the following:
- Explain how you will determine who is eligible for your program.
- Indicate which assessment methods and instruments you will use to determine this.
- Determine which treatment model(s) you would use. Support your choice with information on relevant evidence-based practices.
- Identify the possible challenges in treating this population within a forensic setting. Explain how you would modify treatment to address these challenges, and then explain how will you modify treatment to deal with these challenges.
- Reveal ethical concerns or considerations related to the assessment or treatment of your population and their impact upon the proposed program. State how you would avoid ethical concerns in the program.
Be sure to include evidence based practices in relation to your assessment and treatment as you design this program.
Support your Signature Assignment with at least five references from peer-reviewed journals. Remember to incorporate the research you have located previously in this course to assist you in completing this last assignment.
Length: 10-12 pages
it should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.