- Define EBP in the field of special education.
- Identify the criteria for determining what is considered EBP.
- Summarize the importance of EBP in the field of special education.
- Identify a resource for locating EBP strategies (e.g. WWC, University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or some other database/source).
- Explain the types of strategies available through this resource (i.e. grade level, domain or subjects, number of strategies available, etc.).
- Describe how you will incorporate EBP into your current or future professional practice in two to three sentences.
Henley, M., Ramsey, R. S., & Algozzine, R. F. (2009). Characteristics of and strategies for teaching students with mild disabilities (6th ed.). Pearson.
- Bourgault, D. (2008). Present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP/PLEP) development (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.autismcenterforeducationalservices.com/documents/PLAAPF.pdf
- Burns, M. K., Egan, A. M., Kunkel, A. K., McComas, J., Peterson, M. M., Rahn, N. L., & Wilson, J. (2013). Training for generalization and maintenance in RTI implementation: Front-loading for sustainability. Learning Disabilities Research & Practice, 28(2), 81-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/ldrp.12009
- Brown, L. (2015, April 28). A quick guide to writing your elevator pitch (with examples!) (Links to an external site.) [Blog post]. Retrieved from: https://www.idealist.org/en/careers/a-quick-guide-to-writing-your-elevator-pitch
- Cook, B. G., Tankersley, M., & Landrum, T. J. (2009). Determining evidence-based practices in special education (Links to an external site.). Exceptional Children, 75(3), 365-383. Retrieved from http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/001440290907500306
- Cornelius, K. E. (2014). Formative assessment made easy: Templates for collecting daily data in inclusive classrooms. Teaching Exceptional Children, 47(2), 112-118. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040059914553204
- Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). Standards for evidence-based practice in special education (Links to an external site.) [Report]. Retrieved from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0040059914531389