Complete Parts I–III below to evaluate the instructional systems in your educational setting through a leadership lens and develop a strategic leadership plan to support the planning, development, and implementation of instructional improvements.
Part I: Evaluation
Evaluate the current instructional systems in your educational setting using Standard 4, “Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment,” of the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders, 2015 from the National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA).
Identify at least 3 critical improvements that need to be made to the instructional systems in your educational setting.
Part II: Planning
Conceptualize a strategic leadership plan that focuses on explicating, communicating, supporting, and monitoring a series of critical improvements to the instructional systems in your educational setting. Your plan must also provide recommendations to drive the planning, development, and implementation of your strategic priorities.
Recommendation areas include:
- Distributing leadership or establishing collaborative structures
- The use of institutional data and evidence-based research
- Professional development/capacity building
Note: The purpose of this strategic leadership plan is not to demonstrate how you would improve the instructional systems in your educational setting. Rather, the purpose is to demonstrate how you would lead others (i.e., explicating, communicating, supporting, and monitoring) in the planning, development, and implementation of continual improvements to instructional systems.
Part III: Reporting
Prepare a 1,750- to 2,450-word report that outlines your evaluation process, discoveries, and the details of your leadership plan.
Consider the following questions when discussing the contents of your report:
- What evaluation process did you use? Why?
- What did you discover from your evaluation (themes, relationships, trends, etc.)? How did you narrow and prioritize your discoveries?
- What factors influenced your selected improvements? How will you justify your selections?
- What are the implications to your educational setting? To the broader educational system?
- How are the underlying problems/improvement areas supported by peer-reviewed literature?
- How will you communicate the strategic priorities/improvements to staff? What barriers do you anticipate? What is your plan for mitigating barriers? How will you justify your decisions?
Note: Your report should use a combination of narrative (first person) and scientific (third person) writing styles. General formatting should follow APA guidelines.
Support all assertions and related decisions with peer-reviewed literature. Your report should include a minimum of 10 peer reviewed sources.
Submit your assignment.