I need complete 3-4 pages paper on the following assignment. HALF PAGE LENGTH IS NOT ACCEPTED. Must address the all steps properly. Must include 3-4 credible references cited in APA. Must provide 100% original work.
DO NOT PROVIDE THE PREVIOUSLY USED WORK.
DO NOT WRITE QUESTIONS IN ANSWER!
The Connection between Diabetes and Suburban Sprawl
Consider the multidisciplinary interactions of biological and social sciences as presented in Chapter 2 of Global Public Health. With this in mind, perform an analysis of the information delivered in this episode about the connection between diabetes and suburban sprawl, as discussed in the text.
Episode One – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttyE7ZnupY
Watch the video and look at the suggestions there for improving health in your own community. Once you are satisfied with your review of the episode, write an essay in complete 3-4 pages that addresses the following questions:
1. Begin by summarizing the episode in 100 words or less.
2. Relate the information from this episode to what you learned in Chapters 1 and 2 of your textbook, Global Public Health. What specific public health disciplines mentioned in Chapter 2 of your textbook are related to the information presented in the video and why?
3. Critique the information. Do you feel that the information presented is valid and easy to understand?
4. What information does the episode offer about public health problems? Consider, for example: whether it provides details on how public health can be characterized and measured; and whether it describes common hazards and afflictions affecting modern Americans and American communities.
5. What information does the episode offer about the nature of communities? Consider whether it provides details on how communities may be altered to improve public health.
6. What information was missing from the episode? How could the content be improved? What would you like to see in future episodes?
· Write a complete 3-4 pagespaper, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
· The paper must be formatted correctly using APA style. Remember, all research material used in your paper must be paraphrased and include an in-text citation.
· Must include 3-4 credible references. Be sure you utilize your text appropriately as a reference and cite at least one other credible external reference such as a website or journal article to support your proposed resolution of the case.
Expert Solution Preview
In this analysis, the connection between diabetes and suburban sprawl will be explored, based on information presented in the video episode “The Connection between Diabetes and Suburban Sprawl.” This analysis will consider the multidisciplinary interactions of biological and social sciences as discussed in Chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook Global Public Health. The aim is to critically evaluate the information presented in the episode, assess its validity and clarity, and determine the insights it offers on public health problems and the nature of communities. Additionally, suggestions for improvement and future content will be proposed.
1. Summary of the episode in 100 words or less:
In the video episode “The Connection between Diabetes and Suburban Sprawl,” it is explained that suburban sprawl can contribute to increased rates of diabetes. The episode outlines the concept of suburban sprawl, highlighting factors such as car-dependent transportation systems, lack of physical activity opportunities, and limited access to healthy food options. It emphasizes how these aspects of suburban living can lead to sedentary lifestyles, poor dietary choices, and ultimately, an increased risk of developing diabetes. The episode concludes by suggesting various ways to improve health in communities, including promoting walkability, enhancing access to fresh produce, and designing neighborhoods that encourage physical activity.
2. Relation of information from the episode to Chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook Global Public Health:
The information presented in the video episode aligns with the concepts discussed in Chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook Global Public Health. Chapter 2 examines the multidisciplinary nature of public health and highlights various disciplines involved, such as epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, and social and behavioral sciences. The connection between diabetes and suburban sprawl presented in the episode can be related to the discipline of environmental health, which focuses on how environmental factors impact human health. The concept of suburban sprawl as an environmental factor that contributes to sedentary lifestyles and limited access to healthy food options aligns with the principles discussed in the textbook.
3. Critique of the information presented in the episode:
The information presented in the episode appears to be valid and easy to understand. The episode effectively highlights the negative health consequences of suburban sprawl, particularly its association with increased rates of diabetes. It provides clear explanations on the factors contributing to this connection, such as the reliance on cars instead of active transportation and the limited availability of nutritious food options. The episode also offers practical suggestions for improving health in communities, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the topic. Overall, the information presented in the episode is accessible and presents a convincing argument for the impact of suburban sprawl on diabetes rates.
4. Information offered by the episode about public health problems:
The episode offers valuable information about public health problems related to suburban sprawl. It characterizes and measures public health by highlighting the association between suburban living and increased diabetes rates. The episode suggests that public health can be improved by addressing the built environment and creating community designs that facilitate physical activity and access to healthy foods. It also underscores common hazards and afflictions affecting modern Americans and American communities, emphasizing the sedentary nature of suburban living and its significant contribution to the diabetes epidemic. This highlights the need for comprehensive public health interventions to address the health challenges posed by suburban sprawl.
5. Information offered by the episode about the nature of communities:
The episode provides insights into the nature of communities and how they can be altered to improve public health. It highlights the influence of the built environment on community health, emphasizing the importance of designing neighborhoods that promote walkability, increase physical activity opportunities, and provide access to fresh and healthy food choices. By addressing these factors, communities can be transformed into healthier environments that support the prevention and management of chronic diseases like diabetes. The episode underscores the role of community design in shaping individual behaviors and promoting overall public health.
6. Information missing from the episode and suggestions for improvement:
While the episode provides a comprehensive understanding of the connection between diabetes and suburban sprawl, there are certain aspects that could be further explored. For example, the episode could have delved deeper into the socioeconomic factors influencing the relationship between suburban living and diabetes rates. Additionally, the episode could have addressed cultural and psychological aspects that contribute to poor dietary choices and sedentary behaviors. To improve the content, future episodes could consider incorporating interviews or testimonials from individuals living in suburban areas affected by diabetes. By including personal experiences and perspectives, the content would become more relatable and engaging for viewers.
In conclusion, the video episode “The Connection between Diabetes and Suburban Sprawl” provides valuable insights into the linkages between suburban living and increased rates of diabetes. The information presented aligns with the concepts discussed in Chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook Global Public Health, particularly within the discipline of environmental health. The episode offers a valid and easy-to-understand analysis of the topic and provides valuable details on public health problems associated with suburban sprawl. Furthermore, it highlights the potential for community alteration to improve public health outcomes. However, there are opportunities for improvement in terms of exploring additional socioeconomic, cultural, and psychological factors. Future episodes could benefit from incorporating personal experiences and diverse perspectives to enhance viewers’ understanding and engagement.