As the chief information officer (CIO) of St. Augustine’s Hospital, you and your team have successfully had an operational electronic health record (EHR) system. However, there are some concerns about governance, compliance, data quality, and integrity.
Address these concerns by responding to the following:
- What are the concerns of leadership in aligning health care information technology (IT) and organizational strategy through the strategic information systems planning (SISP) process?
- Explain the various uses of health care data.
- Describe the issues or problems associated with the use of health care data.
- Describe how you correct or protect against health care data problems.
- Identify the components of AHIMA’s health care data quality model.
- Demonstrate how these components are used to improve data quality.